What To Do: March 10-16
- From 9 a.m. to noon today, Talented Feet Jump Rope Team is offering a morning of double dutch jump roping for all ages at Talent Middle School, 102 Christian Ave., Talent. Team members will teach basic double dutch skills. A light snack will be provided. The fee is $20. For details, call Monica at 778-6332.
- It's Family Saturday from 10-11 a.m. today at the Schneider Museum of Art, in the Center for the Visual Arts, on the Southern Oregon University Campus at 1250 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland. Join Steve Berman as he shares "The Art of Story and Song," a rich tapestry of stories and songs sure to please creative minds of all ages. The storytelling event is free. From 1 to 2:30 p.m., there will be a T-shirt painting hands-on workshop. Participants will transform a regular T-shirt into a personal work of art, explore painting with abstract designs, cartoons, word-art, personal stamps, and more! Great fun for all ages. The workshop is $5. Bring an old T-shirt or two to paint. Register by calling 552-6389. Call 541/552-6245, or visit www.sou.edu/sma
- From 9-10 a.m. today participants 10 and older can join birding experts Denny Niebuhr and friends from Rogue Valley Audubon Society to help count and identify birds that visit the feeders at North Mountain Park, 620 N Mountain Ave, Ashland. The information collected will be submitted to Cornell University's FeederWatch project, a nationwide bird monitoring effort. Register online at http://ashlandparks.recware.com or 488-6606.
- Kid's Imagination Discovery Place, 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Learn to fuse beads at 11 a.m. today. Admission is $2 for adults, $5 for children. See www.discoveryspace.org or call 772-9922.
- The Dr. Seuss books turn 50 this year. In honor of this birthday, St. Mary's School will be performing "Seussical directed by Jahnna Beecham." The hit musical weaves together the Dr. Seuss stories "Horton Hears a Who," "The Cat in the Hat," "Horton Hatches an Egg" and "Yertle the Turtle." Performances are at 2 p.m. today and 2 p.m. Sunday at Crater High Performing Arts Center, 655 N. Third St., Central Point.. Tickets are available at St. Mary's or at the door: $5 for students/seniors and $8 for adults. For more information, call 773-7877.
Make Shamrock hats all day Thursday at Kid's Imagination Discovery Place, 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. See www.discoveryspace.org or call 772-9922.
- Ki's Imagination Discovery Space will hold a storytime at 11 a.m. followed by workshop making leprechaun puppets. Kid's is at 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. See www.discoveryspace.org or call 772-9922.
- Living Earth Circle sponsors a children's community play group for babies and young children from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Friday of each month at Pioneer Hall, 59 Winburn Way, Ashland. Performers, teachers and families share in music, dance, puppet shows and crafts. Admission is $8 for one child with an accompanying adult, $4 for each additional family member or friend. Call 488-5340 or see www.livingearthcircle.org.
- Creative Dance for Children has announced a new class for 3- 4-year-olds from 10:15 to 11 a.m. Fridays at the DanceSpace, 280 E. Hersey No. 10, Ashland. The class explores dancing stories, movement and creative expression along with folk dancing. For more information, or to register, call Gene Leyden at 482-5501 or GeneLeyden@aol.com.
- All the lap lanes come out and the big toys go into the pool for super family fun from 6:30 to 9 p.m. the third Friday of each month at the Ashland Family YMCA pool, 540 YMCA Way, Ashland. Free to families with one Y member and $5 to non-member families. Call 482-9622.