What To Do
- Circle of Friends Christian Preschool at the Methodist Church at 607 W. Main St., Medford, will host a springtime fun day for kids ages 2 to 5 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. There will be activities as well as stories and songs. Call Terry at 773-3691 or 779-1869.
- The 2007 Rogue Valley Earth Day Celebration will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today at ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum, 1500 East Main St., Ashland. The festival will feature a bicycle rodeo, crafts, face-painting, earth-friendly ideas and products and live entertainment. Organic food and beverages will be available. Admission is free. Admission to ScienceWorks will be $3 during the event. Visitors are encouraged to walk, bike, carpool or ride the free RVTD shuttle service. For shuttle schedules, see www.RogueValleyEarthDay.net or call 488-6606, or ScienceWorks at 482-6767.
- Kids can make their own version of a lava lamp at 11 a.m. today at Kids' Imagination Discovery Place, 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford. The activity if free with admission. Admission is $2 for adults, $5 for children. KIDS also has a literacy corner, a child-size grocery store, construction zone, waterworks, toddler town, art space and more. KIDS is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. See www.discoveryspace.org or call 772-9922.
- The Farm at 51 S. Stage Road, Medford, provides fun for kids of all ages. Open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday to Sunday, The Farm has hand-raised goats and sheep, llamas, deer, Bennett wallabies, miniature donkeys, pot belly pigs, ducks and chickens — all roaming free. Admission is $4; children under 3 are admitted free with 1 adult admission. Pony rides are $3. Call 535-1316.
- The Children's Musical Theater of Oregon will present "High School Musical" at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. today at Crater High School's performing arts center, 655 N. Third St., Central Point. The production features more than 35 performers from 12-17. Tickets are $13 for adults, $11 for youth 12 and under. Tickets are available at www.cmtoregon.org, Loose Ends Hair Styling in Ashland, Medford Music and Dirty Dogz Pet Care in Medford. Call 778-3365.
The Inner Child Cafe at 310 Oak St., in Ashland offers kids a chance to play on a climb-on pirate ship, castle and tower. Hours are 9 to 6 p.m. every day. Cost is $4 for the first child and $2 for each additional child, good all day. See www.innerchildcafe.net.
- The Rogue Valley Radio Controlled Car Club hosts radio-controlled car races at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Fast Time Race Way at the Jackson County Sports Park, 6900 Kershaw Road, White City (weather permitting). Registration is $8. Call 890-6217 or see www.roguevalleyrc.com.
- South Medford High School's Theatre Arts Department will present J.M. Barrie's "Peter Pan," at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, at the SMHS auditorium, 815 Oakdale Ave., Medford. Admission is $9 general; $5 students, seniors and children. For details, call 541-842-1416.
The Fifth Annual Raging River Rock Art Paint-Out will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at Odd Fellows Hall, 483 Fourth Ave., Gold Hill. Acrylic paint and brushes will be provided, but participants should bring river rocks weighing under nine pounds and wear appropriate clothing. The paint out is open to all ages and is free. Refreshments will be served. The Raging River Rock Art contest will be held June 2 in Gold Hill. Call 855-5317.