What To Do
- The Fifth Annual Raging River Rock Art Paint-Out will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today at Odd Fellows Hall, 483 Fourth Ave., Gold Hill. Acrylic paint and brushes will be provided, but participants should bring river rocks weighing under nine pounds and wear appropriate clothing. Open to all ages and free. Refreshments will be served. The Raging River Rock Art contest will be held June 2 in Gold Hill. Call 855-5317.
- KIDS' Imagination Discovery Place, 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford, is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. KIDS' has a literacy corner, a child-size grocery store, construction zone, waterworks, toddler town, art space and more. Admission is $2 for adults, $5 for children. See www.discoveryspace.org or call 772-9922.
- The Farm at 51 S. Stage Road, Medford, is fun for kids of all ages. Open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday to Sunday, The Farm has a wide variety of hand-raised goats and sheep, llamas, deer, Bennett wallabies, miniature donkeys, pot belly pigs, ducks and chickens — all roaming free. Admission is $4; children under 3 are admitted free with 1 adult admission. Pony rides are $3. For details, call 535-1316.
- The Siskiyou Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Oregon will present a spring wildflower show from noon to 3 p.m. today at the Northwest Nature Shop, 154 Oak St., Ashland. Botanists will be on hand to discuss wildflowers and free packets of wildflower seeds will be given away. Free. Call 482-3241.
- The Pear Blossom Special Opening Race Night is tonight at Southern Oregon Speedway, Jackson County Sports Park, 6900 Kershaw Road, White City, just off Highway 140. Gates open at 4 p.m.; prizes at 5 p.m.; racing at 6 p.m. General admission is $8; kids 9 and under $3; seniors 60-plus $6. Call 282-8066 or see www.sospeedway.com.
- North Medford High School's "Seussical," the musical adaptation of the works of Dr. Seuss featuring Horton the Elephant and plot elements from 17 Seuss stories plays at 7 p.m. today at the high school, 1900 N. Keene Way Drive, Medford. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and seniors.
- South Medford High School's Theater Arts Department will present J.M. Barrie's "Peter Pan," at 7 p.m. today, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, at the SMHS auditorium, 815 Oakdale Ave., Medford. Admission is $9 general; $5 students, seniors and children. For details, call 541-842-1416.
- A fun run will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at Blue Heron Park in Phoenix. Registration is $8 and includes a T-shirt. Proceeds benefits Doernbecher Children's Hospital. Call 535-1552.
- The Inner Child Cafe at 310 Oak St., in Ashland offers kids a chance to play on a pirate ship, a castle and a fairy tower. Hours are 9 to 6 p.m. every day. Cost is $4 for the first child and $2 for each additional child. See www.innerchildcafe.net.
- The Rogue Valley RC Club hosts radio-controlled car races at 1 p.m. Sundays and 6 p.m. Thursdays at Fast Time Race Way at the Jackson County Sports Park, 6900 Kershaw Road, White City, weather permitting. Registration is $8. See www.roguevalleyrc.com or call 665-2700.
Living Earth Circle sponsors a baby and young children's play group from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Friday of each month at Pioneer Hall, 59 Winburn Way, Ashland. Performers, teachers and families share in activities including music, dance, puppet shows and crafts. Admission is $8 for one child with an adult; $4 for each additional person. See www.livingearchcircle.org or call 488-5340 to register.
Mother and Son Bowling Nights will be offered from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturdays May 5 and 12 at Roxy Ann Bowling Lanes. Boys must be 8 or older. The event includes pizza, punch, two games of bowling, two special contests and a rose for mom. Cost is $14 per person per night. Call 774-2400.