What to Do: November 3-9
- One Eleven Evelyn, A Center for the Arts at 111. N.E. Evelyn Ave., Grants Pass, holds a theater program of popular fairy tales for children, by children, with song, dance and fun from 10 to 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. It's free; donations accepted. Call 541-787-2019 or see www.oneelevenevelyn.org.
- Medford First Christian Church will hold a harvest festival from 2 to 5 p.m. today at the church, 1900 Crater Lake Ave., Medford. Tickets are $3 per child, with an adult, which includes six game tickets. Additional tickets are 50 cents each. Everyone is welcome.
- SOU Youth Programs will offer "Amazing World of CSI" for kids age 9-12 from 1 to 3 p.m. Sundays Nov. 4 to Dec. 2 at the SOU campus, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, Science Room 165. Participants will explore a mock crime scene, examine fingerprints, make prints visible, analyze "blood" splatters, and make a suspect folder to take home. Cost is $69. For more information, call 552-6452 or see www.sou.edu/youth. A similar class in forensic science will be held for kids age 11-14 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 4 to Dec. 2 on the SOU Ashland campus in Science Room 165. Participants will learn forensic anthropology, computer forensics, ballistics, drug and poison analysis, hair and fiber analysis, criminal profiling and more. Cost is $59. Call 552-6452 or see www.sou.edu/youth.
- Calling all Manga enthusiasts! Southern Oregon University Pre-College Youth Programs will offer a Manga art class for kids age 9-12 from 1 to 3 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 4 to Dec. 2 (no classes on 11/11 or 11/25) on the SOU Ashland campus in MA 101. This class is designed for beginning or returning students who wish to advance their skills in basic drawing and Manga-style Japanese animation. Learn how to draw facial expressions, hands, clothes folds and more. You will learn how to ink and tone finished work. Cost is $69. Go to www.sou.edu/youth or call 552-6452.
- A free storytelling session for children 3 and older is held at 3 p.m. Sundays at Unicorn Gifts and Toys, 53 N. Second St., Ashland. Call 488-5943.
- A new family story time, geared toward kids age 2-6, will be held at 6 p.m. Mondays at the Central Library Children's Department, 205 S. Central Ave., Medford. Call 774-8678.
- The Brigham Young University Theater Ballet performers will bring "Coppelia" to South Medford High School at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5. This is a family-friendly performance featuring fabulous choreography and acting. BYU has more than 350 performers in its programs. Admission is $8. For more information, call 772-1362.
A junior skate for kids 6 and under and parents is held from 2 to 3:15 p.m. Tuesdays at Roller Odyssey, 2425 S. Pacific Highway, Medford. Cost is $3.50 and includes quad rental skates (inline skates are not recommended for kids 6 and under). Call 772-1400.
Child and Parent Art Adventures are held from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays at The Grove, 1195 E. Main St., Ashland. Children age 2-5, with an adult, will play with clay, paint, draw and create collages and wood sculptures with instructor Shari Craddock. They also will design a block to print a T-shirt. Clay creations will be glazed and fired. The classes are $55, plus $15 for materials. Call 488-5340.
A puppet theater for kids age 2-6 is held from 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. the second Friday of each month at North Mountain Park Nature Center, 620 N. Mountain Ave., Ashland. The show is followed by a play time, snack and craft activity. Cost is $5 per family, which includes two children, $2 for each additional child. Call 488-6606.