What do to
- The public is invited to view the Providence Festival of Trees from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Sunday at the Medford Armory, 1701 S. Pacific Highway. Walk through a wonderland of decorated trees and holiday displays, shop in the holiday store, have your picture taken with Santa and enter to win raffle items. Admission is $5 adults, $3 children 2-12 and $3 seniors 60-plus.
- The historic C.C. Beekman House at California and Laurelwood streets in Jacksonville will be open from noon to 4 p.m. today and Sunday, as well as next weekend. Costumed interpreters will conduct tours and share Christmas customs. Free samples of Mrs. Beekman's sugar cookies will be handed out. Admission is $5 adults, $3 for children 3-12 and seniors over 65. Call 773-6536, ext. 229.
- Enjoy a Yuletide concert with the Trail Band at 8 p.m. today and 3 p.m. Sunday at the Craterian Ginger Rogers Theater, 23 S. Central Ave., Medford. The concert features traditional hymns and carols, contemporary favorites, international numbers, stories and more. Tickets are $30, $27, $24, youth (0-18) $23, $20, $17. To order, call 779-3000 or see www.craterian.org.
The Youth Activity Center at 809 W. McAndrews, Medford, is a place where youths can spend the afternoon or evening doing a variety of fun activities under the supervision of the Parks and Recreation staff. YAC activities include five video systems, air hockey, video games, a big-screen TV, foosball and a pool table. The Center is open from 3 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 774-2400.
Kids ages 8 to adult are invited to make button bracelets to wear or to give as gifts from 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Santo Community Center, 701 N. Columbus Ave., Medford. Cost is $10 residents, $16 non-residents. Call 774-2400.
Bethel Church presents "Love is Calling," an original Christmas musical in the Dickens tradition at 7 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Dec. 13, at 4245 Vista Pointe Dr., Medford. Admission is free. There will be an offering for the Hearts With a Mission Teen Shelter. Call 779-5771.
- Preschoolers and kindergartners ages 3-5 are invited to gather around and see what Bucky Beaver and friends are up to this season from 1 to 2:15 p.m. Friday at North Mountain Park Nature Center, 620 N. Mountain Ave., Ashland. A brief lesson will be followed by the puppet show and a play time. A snack and related craft/activity will follow. Reservations are guaranteed until 1 p.m. Space is limited. No late seating. Cost is $5 per child. Register online at http://ashlandparks.recware.com.
- Central Point holds its 22nd annual Community Christmas Treasure Hunt and Tree Lighting from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. The tree lighting is set for7 p.m. in the PremierWest Bankparking lot. Hot chocolate, coffee, tea and cookies will be served. The treasure hunt is for kids inkindergarten through fifth grade. Beginning at 4 p.m., they can visit with Santa and pick up a lucky number at the Central Point Grange Hall. From 5 to 7 p.m. lucky numbers will be displayed in downtown store windows andwinners can trade in their number for a Christmas gift. There alsowill be face painting and Christmas-ornament- and card-making in the Grange Hall. Tractor hay rides and double-decker bus rides also will be available.
- Rogue Valley Symphony will present a Holiday Candlelight Concert at 8 p.m. Friday at Sacred Heart Church in Medford. Tickets are $25/$10. Call 552-6398.