5 Things to Do This Weekend (Oct. 10-12)
Five ways you can have fun this weekend:
1. The big movies opening this week are “The Judge,” an R drama starring Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall; “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day,” a PG live-action comedy based on the book of the same name; and “Dracula Untold,” a PG-13 horror just in time for Halloween season.
2. Speaking of Halloween, if you’re looking for some scares to kick off the spooky season, Friday is National Haunted House Day. It’s a day designed to get people to support their communities through local haunted houses. Check the newspaper or online to see what’s available, and get ready for some scares!
3. Teen Read Week kicks off Sunday. It’s a week designed to get teens using the library and reading. Though most libraries are closed on Sundays, you can spend the weekend looking up books that seem interesting, or going to the library on Saturday to stock up for the week. For more information, go to http://teenreadweek.ning.com/.
4. Saturday is National Family Bowling Day, so round up the family and head to your local bowling alley for some old-fashioned fun! Some places offer free bowling for kids as well, so check around to see what’s available.
5. It’s another good sports weekend: MLB playoffs, NASCAR’s Chase, NFL and college football, MLS soccer and more are taking place. Check your TV guide for more information.
More Content Now