5 Things to Do This Weekend (Oct. 17-19)
Five ways you can have fun this weekend:
1. The big movies opening this week are “Fury,” an R-rated World War II movie starring Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf; “The Best of Me,” a PG-13 romance starring James Marsden and Michelle Monaghan; and “The Book of Life,” an animated PG movie.
2. Teen Read Week continues through Saturday. Contact your library or check the newspaper to see if events are scheduled for the final days of the event. And don’t forget, you can hold your own “teen read” event by hosting a book club.
3. Sweetest Day is Saturday. Whether you celebrate the day or not (it’s a pseudo Valentine’s Day), it’s a good excuse to indulge in some sweets and ask for some from your significant other - as if you needed another reason to indulge.
4. Halloween season is in full swing, which means there are plenty of ways to celebrate: haunted houses, corn mazes, special events and more. Check the newspaper for event listings.
5. And again we have lots of good sports on tap: the MLB playoffs, NASCAR’s Chase, NFL and college football, MLS soccer and more. Check your TV guide for more information.
More Content Now