5 Things to Do This Weekend (March 13-15)
Five ways you can have fun this weekend:
1. The big movies opening this week are “Cinderella,” a live-action remake of the classic directed by Kenneth Branagh and starring Lily James, Cate Blanchett, Richard Madden and Helena Bonham Carter; and “Run All Night,” an R crime thriller starring Liam Neeson, Ed Harris and Joel Kinnaman.
2. Saturday - aka 3.14 - is Pi Day. The day is designed mainly to get people interested in the mathematical pi, but it also has become a time to eat pie. Bake a pie for your friends or family, or pick one up the bakery and celebrate this wonderful day.
3. It has finally arrived: Selection Sunday. Before you go to bed Sunday night, you’ll be able to fill out your bracket for the NCAA tournament. The March Madness games start on Tuesday.
4. St. Patrick’s Day isn’t until Tuesday, but most towns will be celebrating this weekend. Check the paper for parade and other event information, or start celebrating on your own with Irish-themed fun.
5. And don’t forget about other sports action: the NBA, NHL and Major League Soccer all are in action this weekend. Check the TV listings for game times, or head to your favorite sports website.
More Content Now