fb pixel

Log In


Reset Password

Lola Mae Straube Vogel

Lola Mae Straube Vogel

March 23, 1919 to March 22, 2006

"Behind every good man is a great woman."

Three months after the loss of her husband of 64 years, Lola followed him to the next world. She was born March 23, 1919 to Sophie and Fred Straube, at Lane Creek, near Central Point. She was called to be with Ray one day short of her 87th birthday.

Lola grew up in the Applegate on the family farm, and then moved to her Aunt Kitty's in Glendale to attend high school. After graduation, she worked on the home farm until her marriage to Ray Vogel on November 22, 1941 in Seattle, where together they worked at Boeing for the war effort. Lola was a Rosie the Rivetor for four years until they moved back to Central Point and started their own dairy farm, which is still in operation to this day. She did all the daily chores and tended a beautiful garden with great pleasure until ill health forced her retirement at age 84.

She leaves behind David and Paige Wolff and their daughter, Jania; her brother, Louie; numerous nephews and nieces; and loving in-laws by marriage.

Lola was indescribably hardworking, loving, compassionate, and had a true heart of gold, willing to give anyone anything they wanted or needed. She loved her husband more than life itself and her family was precious to her all throughout her life. She loved all her cows, especially the mostly white ones. Because of her petite shape, she enjoyed making her own clothes, and was always in style with the perfect fit. Year after year, her family adored her holiday meals and those who visited more often, left content every time. She was a homemaker, farmer, mother to anyone who needed mothering, and one of the best dairy maids ever.

Whatever she put her hand to, she did it well and with all her might. She was wonderful and we dearly miss her.

Memorial services will be held Saturday, April 8th at 1:00 p.m. at Hillcrest Chapel, 2201 N. Phoenix Rd., Medford. Arrangements by Conger-Morris Funeral Directors of Medford.