Jinny’s Canna Coleslaw
Makes 2 1-cup servings
• 2 cups of shredded cabbage, radicchio and carrots
• 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
• ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
• ½ teaspoon celery seed
• 1/8 teaspoon dill seed
• 4 to 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 to 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
• 1 pea-size drop of cannabis distillate; about 1/8 gram or .125 ml (I use Select brand Cannabis Oil Extract sold at Southern Oregon Cannabis Connection, 1950 N.E. Seventh St., Grants Pass. It comes in a 1 ml vial and contains THC 85.5 percent and CBD 1.34 percent)
• ¼ teaspoon sugar (optional)
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Heat sunflower oil on very low temp in small frying pan. Add distillate. Stir completely until oil and distillate are bonded.
Create an emulsion of the vinegar and the oil, blending thoroughly. Add sugar if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Marinate shredded vegetables, hemp hearts, poppy seeds, celery seed and dill seed in the mixture. Chill until quite cold (about 2 hours). Add additional oil or vinegar if desired.
What to expect: The dose allows a comfortable buzz. I have a low tone tolerance, and I ate a one-cup serving. I had a comfortable high that lasted for hours. I always dose on the conservative side with edibles. It won’t get you loaded.