Where to get help
Resources for those who've lost loved ones to suicide:
- WinterSpring will host an eight-week Suicide Loss support group in January, and a workshop on suicide loss is planned for Dec. 6. For information, see http://winterspring.org/group-support-information or call 541-552-0620.
- Handouts on strategies for coping with suicide loss are available on WinterSpring's website at www.winterspring.org/resources.
Resources for those who are feeling suicidal:
- Jackson County Mental Health Crisis Line: 541-774-8201. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Walk-in crisis services available at 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
- LIFE TRACK Youth Drop-In: An opportunity for youth to express themselves through art, 106 S. Grape St. Counselors and peer mentors available onsite.
- Project Dove, Medford School District Program to reduce violence and bullying in schools, 541-842-1950.
- Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition: A community coalition of students, mental health professionals, concerned parents, nurses and caring volunteers dedicated to reducing suicide in Jackson County, Oregon. Meets the second Tuesday of every month. For more information: http://suicidepreventionjacksoncounty.com/