10 things to know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. CHINA RESPONDS TO HACKING ACCUSATIONS
The foreign ministry says allegations that it was involved in breaking into U.S. government computers and stealing millions of workers' records are "irresponsible" and "unscientific."
2. ITALY: MONEY LAUNDERING INVESTIGATION STYMIED BY CHINA
AP's Erika Kinetz reports that Italian authorities discovered that more than $4.9 billion had been smuggled out of Italy to China using a money-transfer service.
3. PERSISTENT DELAYS RAISE QUESTIONS ABOUT O'HARE PROMISES
At the nation's second-busiest airport in Chicago, delays have been even more common than in the five years before a new runway opened, an AP analysis finds.
4. CHINA SHIP RIGHTED TO SPEED UP SEARCH FOR HUNDREDS MISSING
Disaster teams righted the capsized Eastern Star river cruiser to ease the search for more than 340 people still missing. So far, 97 bodies have been found.
5. WHO IS THE LATEST TO THROW HAT IN GOP RING
Jeb Bush is stepping into the Republican race for president, finally taking his place amid an unwieldy field of GOP candidates unlike any in recent memory.
6. JOBS REPORT COULD SIGNAL MORE ROBUST ECONOMY
The U.S. government will issue the May jobs report, which could reveal what might drive U.S. economic growth over the next year.
7. HOW SOME CALIFORNIANS ARE DEALING WITH DROUGHT
Some families are installing in-home water recycling systems so that shower water can be later be used in the garden.
8. HEALTH PANEL BACKS FEMALE LIBIDO PILL
FDA says the twice-rejected "female Viagra" pill is approvable but with safety measures.
9. FRIENDS OF BOSTON MARATHON BOMBER TO LEARN FATE
Two friends of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are scheduled to be sentenced at separate hearings for impeding the investigation.
10. WARRIORS TAKE GAME 1 OF NBA FINALS
Stephen Curry had 26 points and eight assists, and Golden State holds off LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers for a thrilling 108-100 overtime victory.