Medford looks for board, commission members
The city of Medford is looking for people interested in serving on city boards, commissions and committees. Applications will be taken until July 3.
Positions are available on the following:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (two-year term): Two partial-term positions (terms expire in January 2016 and 2017). The committee meets once a month and advises the City Council on plans and issues related to non-motorized transportation. Applicants are sought who represent pedestrian interests, cycling interests and other non-motorized transportation means.
- Cemetery Commission (three-year term): One partial-term position (term expires in January 2017). Commission meets monthly and makes recommendations to the city manager and City Council regarding the funding and operation of Eastwood Cemetery. The commission also works to raise funds for the Cemetery Trust Fund.
- Joint Transportation Sub-Committee (four-year term): One partial-term position (term expires in January 2019). Committee meets monthly and examines transportation issues and makes recommendations concerning provisions of the comprehensive plan and land development code that affect transportation.
- Planning Commission (four-year term): One partial-term position (term expires in January 2016). Commission meets twice monthly and makes recommendations and suggestions to the City Council and other public authorities on matters relating to zoning, growth and development in the city.
- Site Plan and Architectural Commission (four-year term): One partial-term position (term expires in January 2019). Commission meets twice monthly and reviews architecture, landscaping, signs and any other improvements of new development projects and improvements to existing structures. Qualified applicants should have experience in landscaping and preference will be given to applicants with training or experience with architecture, engineering, landscaping or contracting.
- Unified Appeal Board (two-year term): One partial-term position (term expires in January 2016). Meets only when called to address issues related to uniform building codes, plumbing code, electrical code and mechanical code. Applicants must be licensed general contractors.
Application forms are available in the City Manager’s Office, Room 310, City Hall, as well as on the city website at www.ci.medford.or.us. Applications may be submitted online through the website. Applicants must live within the city’s urban growth boundary to serve on most boards and commissions. Additional information is available by calling 541-774-2000.