10 things to know for Wednesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. DEMOCRATS GRAPPLE WITH TRUMP EFFECT
Intense focus on the Republican race and its front-runner prompts Hillary Clinton to turn her attention to her would-be GOP challengers and leaves Bernie Sanders gasping for airtime.
2. 6 KILLED IN AFGHANISTAN SUICIDE BOMBING IDENTIFIED
The victims are a Long Island, New York, husband and father; a South Texan; a New York City police detective; a Georgia college athlete; an expectant father from Philadelphia; and a major from Minneapolis.
3. WOMAN DUE IN COURT IN LAS VEGAS STRIP CRASH
Lakeisha Nicole Holloway faces a judge Wednesday on felony murder, hit-and-run and child abuse charges.
4. ATTACK ON MUSLIMS LEAVES UNEXPECTED LEGACY
Relatives of three Muslim students who were killed in North Carolina earlier this year are honoring their memories through charity.
5. WHY U.S. FACES UPSIDE-DOWN WEATHER PATTERN
It is partly linked to El Nino, which helped drive warm air west to east and kept colder air from the Arctic at bay.
6. WHAT PALESTINIAN EVICTION CASE SPOTLIGHTS
It draws attention to a push by Jewish settlers to take over properties in strategic Jerusalem areas sought for a Palestinian capital.
7. MAN FOUND ALIVE AFTER MORE THAN 60 HOURS IN CHINA LANDSLIDE
The survivor underwent surgery for a broken hand and on his foot, which had been wedged against a door panel.
8. CHIPOTLE TWEAKS COOKING AFTER E. COLI SCARE
Raw chicken, for example, will be marinated in re-sealable plastic bags, rather than in bowls, and onions will be dipped in boiling water.
9. WHO LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN TO REPLACE AGING EQUIPMENT
They have popular names like Dome Rock and Yosemite, and they all have one problem in common that rock climbers call a "ticking time-bomb" - rusting climbing anchors.
10. MICHIGAN SCHOOLS TRY OUT GOLD STANDARD OF CONCUSSION TESTS
The two-year pilot program includes baseline testing and is having an impact after its first fall season.
© 2015 The Associated Press.