10 compete for Miss Rogue Valley honors
Ten young women will compete in the 54th annual Miss Rogue Valley Scholarship Pageant, to be held at 6 p.m., Saturday, March 5, in the North Medford High Theater. Tickets are $12.
- Mercedes Finnicum, 19, Rogue Community College, Medford
- Kaylee Walker, 20 , Rogue Community College, Central Point
- Bailey Aldrich, 18, Southern Oregon University, Medford
- Haley Hanover, 16, Crater High School, Central Point
- Jill Santos, 21, Southern Oregon University, Ashland
- Savannah Sloan, 15, Cascade Christian High, Medford
- Ava Parducci, 14, Hedrick Middle School, Medford
- Hannah Pearcey, 20, Southern Oregon University, Ashland
- Sam Williams, 13, Rogue River Junior High, Gold Hill
- Kylie Smith, 21, Western Governor's University, Central Point
Miss Rogue Valley Scholarship Foundation is one of the largest providers of scholarships to women in the Rogue Valle, offering more than $10,000 in scholarships each year.
The foundation strives to change lives and influence young women across the valley, offering academic and community-based scholarships for undergraduate and graduate studies, as well as endowed scholarships for young women attending medical school, working in special areas for military service awareness, and in the performing arts.
With more than 50 years of tradition, the foundation offers workshops and training sessions each week throughout the year. Participants are guided into the importance of community service, public speaking and mentorship to others.
They are taught the importance of commitment and rising above and beyond the bar.
For details, see www.missroguevalley.org.