Ashland Daily Tidings earns 5 awards from publishers' group
The Ashland Daily Tidings earned five awards, including one first place recognition, from the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association for work published in 2015. The awards were announced Friday at the annual convention of the publishers' group, held this year in Silverton. The Daily Tidings entries were in the circulation category of 10,000 and less.
The Daily Tidings awards were for:
• Best Educational Coverage, first place, “Remembering love amid the pain of loss,” Joe Zavala;
• Best Feature Photo, third place, “Open for education," Jamie Lusch;
• Best News Photo, third place, “Ad hoc committee seeks long-term pool solutions,” Jamie Lusch;
• Best Overall Website, third place, www.dailytidings.com, Anita Burke, Bert Etling; and
• Best Web Design, third place, www.dailytidings.com, Anita Burke.
The Daily Tidings' sister paper, the Medford Mail Tribune, earned 23 awards, including five first-place recognitions, in the 10,001 to 25,000 category, including second place for General Excellence.