fb pixel

Log In


Reset Password

More charges for Central Point man arrested for child porn possession

A Central Point man arrested earlier this month for allegedly possessing child pornography is now also suspected sexually abusing a 6-year-old girl, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office.

Nathan Dale Wagner, previously indicted on 16 counts of encouraging child abuse in the second degree, now faces additional charges of first-degree sodomy, first-degree sex abuse, first-degree sexual penetration, and 16 counts of encouraging child abuse in the first-degree, according to Jackson County Jail records. Wagner was scheduled to be arraigned on the new charges at 1:45 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, according to court records.

Wagner has been in the jail since his Feb. 11 arrest at his home in the 3200 block of Edella Avenue outside Central Point. He is held on more than $1.2 million bail, jail records show. Detectives continued their investigation following his arrest, attempting to figure out the identity of a young girl being abused in the seized images, and whether the abuse took place in Jackson County, said Mike Moran, Jackson County Sheriff's Office public information officer.

"It wasn't a question of whether he was a suspect or not. The only question was venue," Moran said.

It was later determined the abuse occurred at a residence in Jackson County, though additional information was not available. Wagner allegedly was acquainted with the child prior to the alleged abuse, Moran said. The alleged crimes occurred between December 2016 and June 2017, the sheriff's office reported.

Wagner's next court appearance is scheduled for Monday, March 2, records show.

The road to Wagner's arrest began with the March 27, 2019, arrest of Medford resident Jeffery Andrew Ford. Ford's arrest, at his home in the 300 block of De Barr Avenue in Medford, came after the Oregon Department of Justice Internet Crimes Against Children task force contacted the sheriff's office with evidence accusing Ford of sharing child pornography.

During a search of Ford's home and his white Ford Crown Victoria, police seized multiple digital devices, including at least one USB flash drive, six Samsung Galaxy S smartphones, a Samsung Galaxy tablet, two memory cards, an orange iPod, an Amazon Kindle and an Acer laptop computer, according to documents filed Jan. 15 in court by Ford’s defense lawyer Christopher Missiaen. An investigation conducted by the Southern Oregon High-Tech Crimes Task Force and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security allegedly found images of a child being sexually abused that had electronic ties to Wagner.

Ford has been out of jail since April 1 after posting $5,000 bond on a $50,000 bail. A hearing on Missiean’s motion to throw out the evidence in Ford’s case is scheduled for April 16.Missiaen has called the seizure of all of Ford’s digital devices “constitutionally invalid” because it was overbroad, the warrant authorizing "the seizure of any and all digital devices in the residence.”

Reach web editor Ryan Pfeil at 541-776-4468 or rpfeil@rosebudmedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @RyanPfeil.

Nathan Dale Wagner