fb pixel

Log In

Reset Password

Rent aid available in Jackson County

ACCESS announced this week it still has rental and energy bill assistance available for families and individuals who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Other social service organizations have also joined the effort to help renters.

The ACCESS aid is for Jackson County residents who’ve lost part of their income, have health conditions, are at risk of losing housing, were diagnosed or exposed to COVID-19 or were displaced or unstably housed because of public health restrictions to slow the spread of the virus.

Anyone at or below 80% of the area median income can apply.

Bilingual staff and translation services are available to help people navigate the process.

Help with energy bills is also available for Jackson County residents at or below 80% of the area’s median income.

For COVID-19 rental assistance through ACCESS, call 541-414-0308 or see accesshelps.org/rentalassistance.

For help with energy bills, schedule an appointment online at accesshelps.org/energy-assistance. Those who lack internet access can call 541-779-9020.

United Way of Jackson County is continuing to provide help with rent and other bills. Call 541-773-5339 or see unitedwayofjacksoncounty.org.

The Family Nurturing Center can help families in Jackson and Josephine counties with rent and other needs, such as diapers. Call 541-779-5242 or see familynurturingcenter.org.

St. Vincent de Paul is offering rent assistance, along with other emergency aid such as help with utility bills and prescription medication. Medford residents can call 541-772-3828. Ashland and Talent residents should call 541-708-5650.

The Unete center, which focuses on farm workers and Latino immigrants in the Rogue Valley, is providing rent help. Call 541-245-1625 or email uneteoregon@gmail.com.

Options for Helping Residents of Ashland is offering rent aid as well. Call 541-631-1135 or visit helpingashland.org.

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Oregon Legislature passed an eviction moratorium that extends through Sept. 30. People can’t be evicted during that time for not paying rent.

Rent that was due at any time starting in April and extending through Sept. must be paid by March 31, 2021. People who still owe back rent after that date can be evicted.

Rent that is due beginning in October and beyond must be paid on time.

Social service organizations are urging people who are struggling financially to apply for rent aid so they don’t fall behind and face insurmountable bills, eviction and a damaged credit history.

The rent aid is provided by a mix of sources, including federal COVID-19 relief funds, local governments and charitable giving.

Reach Mail Tribune reporter Vickie Aldous at valdous@rosebudmedia.com. Follow her on Twitter @VickieAldous.

A variety of local organizations are providing financial help for local residents struggling to pay the rent. Andy Atkinson/Mail Tribune